Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Will or Opportunity, which one's your problem??

Many of my friends have exams approaching, so this is to lighten up your mood and also motivate you at the same time: D

After coming back from work at 6: 30 PM, today I thought it has already been 3 months of German Classes and I have not even opened the Audio CDs so finally I took out the Audio CD. I had tremendous determination; it seemed no one could stop me from completing the entire German Course in just a few hours. If only I was given the chance......

I suddenly realized that my DVD/CD player is not working. See my laptop is an ancient relic which I had bought 3 years back in Abu Dhabi and in due course of time so many atrocities had been committed on it (Atrocities means all sorts of gaming and scientific experimentation), that the fact that it even started each day left me the greatest achievements. You can imagine me pressing the start button and just praying to God almighty for just 1 more day. Also I don't yet have any backup hard drives so basically I’ll be screwed royally if my dear lappy dies, but the way it has been starting up every day since the past 6 months is simply one of the greatest unsung tales of legendary bravery that have been buried in the pages of history. But you see it’s like my trusted friend since the past 3 years. In-fact I have been with my lappy more than anyone else even including my parents. It has been with me to UAE, US and now Germany; it has seen all my ups and downs and helped me face all of these. SO should I leave it just because its old and broken?? No my friends i will use it until its last dying breath and then give him a Royal Cremation back where it was born. (Of course the fact that I am one of the laziest guy ever and the fact that I want to save money has nothing to do with it, so don't even think about it ...Ok!!)

So coming back to the main story again I have mustered up so much courage and finally decided to study and out of the blue my CD/DVD player stopped functioning. It felt like there was some conspiracy against me or maybe God maybe was giving me a sign that Son you have studied enough and its time to finally give it up and have fun ;P(I know this is complete bullshit since all I ever do is have fun ..lol.. but just because of the noble cause please bear with me and go with the flow it motivational later ;)).

So I am completely pissed off and I make a decision, no matter what I will study German today. So with terrible rage and motivation I first went out and bought a USB Stick (the cheapest of course from Saturn: D), then went to my friend's place; banged on his door (until it was half broken down and all his neighbors were staring at me..:-O). I first burned an Image of the Audio CDs and then saved the images in the Pen Drive. Next I stormed back home and luckily my lappy behaved(I think it realized that I am in a terrible mood and if it did anything wrong then the only place it was going to was out of the window :P) downloaded Daemon Tool Lite and created a virtual drive.

Finally I mounted the Images into the Virtual Drive and everything was all set for at last starting the German Course. But then I realized that I am too tired because of my efforts and just wanted to sleep. I mean what the heck!! first when I want to study then all this crap happens and then finally when everything is all set up then I don’t want to study?

Hence once again my attempt at regaining the favor of the Studies failed miserably, but i still hope I can win its favors back one day. Although the kind of way I have been treating her the past few years I doubt she would even want to look at my face let alone meet me ..:P . So friends learn from my mistakes both WILL and OPPORTUNITY are important for studying successfully. In most cases there is a lack of opportunity but if you have got the opportunity and if you don't muster up the will then it's a shame. Think about the many that don't have the opportunities, feel blessed and study hard for exams. I myself have also done it in past and its quite normal that we wish each other best of luck but I won't do it today. You have earned this opportunity based on your own merit, don't worry about luck, you are going to do very well, just give it your best shot. It's difficult to woo the favors of Studies especially if she is angry but the prize is immeasurable success so keep trying again and again. If you truly have given your best attempt then you don't have to worry about consequences and even if you by any chance fail, you can keep your head high and say that you gave it all.

No comments:

Predicted XI India Vs South Africa 1st test

Mayank Agarwal K L Rahul Cheteshwar Pujara Virat Kohli Shreyas Iyer Rishabh Pant Shardul Thakur Ravichandran Ashwin Mohammad Shami Jaspreet ...