Monday, January 2, 2012

The Years of Transition and Resolution



The Year of Transition - 2011

A year which started amidst darkness and extreme stress, this year will surely remain as a landmark in my life. During this period last year I was extremely stressed owing to the various application procedure for Graduate Studies and also the imminent gloom of my Final Master Presentation. I remember being in an extremely foul mood and it was not a nice time for many of my family and friends. There were a million documentation to be done , SoPs and Cover Letters to be written which had to be different for different Universities and on top of that I also had to complete my Final Master Thesis so you can imagine the reason for my anti-social mood.

But after every darkness come light; similarly after every difficult phase there is a phase where you can relax and have fun. The Year 2011 was a similar phase of transition. I was at last finally successfull in getting a great funded position in DKI/TU Darmstadt and also was able successfully defend my Masters. And although there were a few months spent in frustration due to the various redundant bureaucratic procedures in my attempt to get my Provisional Degree;still this was only a minor setback and only added a temporary setback to my overall happiness.

Then came the time of celebrations and time of new beginnings. I was extremely lucky in having some excellent friends and colleagues and the best bosses;and together they all ensured that I settle down smoothly in my new work place. Soon my colleagues integrated me into their group and even work became fun. In fact I liked waking up every morning and going to the office at 8: 30-9 AM and working hard until 5-6 PM. This was perhaps the most vital gain - the knowledge of excellent work ethics, Respect and Integrity; and Pride in working Hard.



But it was not over yet, the year ending was also interesting, during my German Courses I made some even more interesting acquaintances which added some extra flavour. I made some excellent friends and I did what I went to the German Class for - have a good time. You see after 8 hours of office I was not in the state of learning anything so I just tried my best to have some light moments. But in the process I also know some German which was actually a bonus for me and an achievement for our Teacher and my dear classmates.


And the Final weeks were even more rocking. Thanks to the invitation from my colleague, Paul I was able to celebrate Christmas with him and his family in the traditional way and I will always thank him for it. I baked my first cake so it was a learning experience too. I had a great time and they were all so kind and wonderful to me; I will always pray that they have a great life and hopefully next year I can be with my family too. If Christmas was all about goodness with the good guy Paul then New Year Celebrations was all about evil with the bad guy Tobias. Thanx to him and his friends it was an unforgettable experience. Learning how to bake our own Pizz with various toppings of our choice, bursting firecrackers on the bridge over Rhine River and drinking all night; it was a night I wish I could remember completely. For our parts we welcomed the New Year with open arms; hope it treats us the same.

The Year of Resolution - 2012

However I also made many mistakes and did some stupid idiotic things owing to my inexperience during the last year. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had not made those mistakes, maybe I could have had something special. But i guess bygones are bygones and the only thing I can do is look ahead try to learn from my mistakes and improve. so this new year I have resolved to try my best to be the best. I am going to give my all to my work and regain the my focus again. There are many habits I am not proud and I believe its high time I try to get rid of them. I hope I am successful in my efforts because I know I can be a better person. So this year is all about Hard work and Good efforts so that I can make all of my family, friends and you proud to have met me.



A Very Happy New Year 2012 to all of You!!

No comments:

Predicted XI India Vs South Africa 1st test

Mayank Agarwal K L Rahul Cheteshwar Pujara Virat Kohli Shreyas Iyer Rishabh Pant Shardul Thakur Ravichandran Ashwin Mohammad Shami Jaspreet ...