Saturday, December 22, 2018

Welcome to the Smart World!

Today we are in a smart world. If we explore the origins smart refers to devices that are able to perform certain functions independent, owing to advanced technology, without direct user intervention. Some are a great use of technology improve health awareness and home security. And some are mediums to improve our life experiences. Let's look at a few options to better elaborate the current #SmartRevolution

Smart Wearables

Do you remember older sci-fi movies, like James Bond and our own Indian version Captain Vyom, where the protagonists carry communication devices on their arms? Well smart wearables are basically that dream becoming reality. These are devices that can be worn on the wrists like watches and bracelets. They serve their regular purpose of showing time or decoration, but in addition they have also added features like gps navigation, heart rate monitoring, body activity and email as well as phone services. With these devices on you, you will stay healthier, never get lost and will be able to stay connected to anyone anywhere. 

I myself have recently bought myself an apple smartwatch (Flipkart Link) and I wear it on my all day long. I helps me stay connected with my phone and emails. I also monitor the numbers of steps and activity I need to stay healthy. Join me and let's #GetFitWithFlipkart!!

Smart Home and Smart Lights

While the smart wearables are to help us #GetFitWithFlipkart, the current #SmartHomeRevolution aims to enhance our luxury and home experience. This is the next evolution of the home theater system where you can directly interact with your electronic devices with voice commands. And what if you can also have lighting which can be tuned? I have just installed these set-up at my place in Netherlands and I can say you that I love it. I believe this will be even more benifitial to me back home in India. I wouldn't need to brave the traffic, book reservations and get irritated by bad restaurant services. Rather I can spend quality time with my beautiful wife in my own home with complete control over the environment (light, sound and content), and be able to really wind down.

Smart Camera

According to me this is the most important innovation to hit Indian markets. How often do we hear of robberies and break-ins at the darkness of night? Safety and security, I believe is the single most important point of concern to all of us. This is where Flipkart has brought to us smart security cameras so that we all contribute to catch the criminal elements and make our societies secure. For the past 9 years I have been staying in Europe, where this is common in all households. I would like to provide you with some suggestions that will help you better use your smart cameras. When you buy these cameras, please place it in a lighted and visible place to preemptively discourage thieves from breaking into your houses. These no use of having a camera after one is dead so better to warn and than hide it. I would recommend you to in fact add it to your entrance so you can see who is standing at your doorway and be prepared for all eventualities. Dismantling these smart cameras are much more difficult that standard cameras as they are encrypted via much advanced technology. I hope you stay safe and really benefit from these smart innovations.

From my travel around the world I can confidently state that we are much more aware of technology  than other countries  and definitely are not afraid of experimenting with it. But we are still far from achieving the levels of usage as the developed countries have at the moment. I am not surprised to read that Flipkart sells 40% of small wearable, homes, cameras and lights in India. I believe these innovations will soon become household nature in all our homes and Flipkart will enable this happening, so #ThankYouFlipkart. I hope all have a pleasurable and safe 2019 ahead! 

Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

No comments:

Predicted XI India Vs South Africa 1st test

Mayank Agarwal K L Rahul Cheteshwar Pujara Virat Kohli Shreyas Iyer Rishabh Pant Shardul Thakur Ravichandran Ashwin Mohammad Shami Jaspreet ...